Saturday, December 15, 2007

Oh the Weather Outside is Delightful...........






Well it does look like Christmas here!! Snow is coming down and we are suppose to get a foot to a foot and half of snow by tomorrow morning! The wind is suppose to pick up and be blizzard like conditions, so I am going to snuggle in for the weekend and do some Christmas baking and cooking, watch Christmas movies and just about anything I want! (This will be my 1st snow storm alone, my son moved out a few months back.) So just me here but I am OK with that. My attached man lives 40 miles away and since he is a fire chief, I guess he feels he needs to protect his town. I respect that but it would be awfully fun to have him here to cozy up with:-) he would be handy for shoveling too!

I have been super busy in the store and people have been buying my decorated Christmas trees. If had set out to really sell them I am sure I wouldn't have sold any. It is amazing how many people like buying pre-decorated trees. I even sold my pink one! I couldn't resist, I shot the lady a price and she actually said she would take it! What a fun season this has been. Even today in the snow we are busy. I feel very blessed being able to continue having a business I love and I am thankful everyday.

Here is a picture of my latest shade. It is made out of pink vintage fabric with roses and a splash of pale yellow. I have it on a pink & yellow pottery lamp. I really did like the way it turned out. I have had several things I have been working on and they don't seem to be lasting long around here! I took these old punched reflectors and did some interesting ornaments out of them. Another collage too. I don't know what I am going to use all these vintage little watch dials for but I just think they are cute!




Does anyone remember Jiffy Pop Popcorn?? They had it at Target so I thought, Hey I remember this from when I was little! I will have to try it for a $1. Well let me tell you, It is not as much fun to make as it is to eat, they used to tell us that. It was a real pain to stand there swirling it around waiting for it to pop.
I think it was fun for us to watch but then Mom did the swirling, lol. We always
use to tell our mom, "It tastes better when you do it Mom"
I hope to be able to get around to visit everyone over the weekend, seems like ages since I have had time to visit. I hope everyone has been having a wonderful holiday season!!

9 comments:

FarmHouse Style said...

Hi Michelle! I am so glad to hear that your shop is doing well. I love your new shade and star ornaments:)

Oh, I used to love Jiffy pop, but, like you say, my Mama was the one doing the cooking, all we had to do was watch it grow bigger and bigger....that was the fun part.

You snuggle down and stay warm.

Rhonda

Mrs. Cherry Heart said...

Ou Michelle a busy shop is a good thing!!!!
Glad to hear it!

I love that lamp shade... you are so talented!

We are getting more snow here as well! A good time to catch up on blogs and sip hot tea! :-)


Warm Hugz, Dolly

Linda said...

Good morning Michell, I remember Jiffy Pop...my mom did the cooking too, I just loved eating it:).
Busy is very good, I'm happy the shop is doing so well...I'd love to visit it. You have the neatest things. Stay warm and toasty...we are having lots of rain here. Linda

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

Hope you are enjoying the weather, from the inside looking out!!
Hmmmm, Jiffy Pop -- I remember that! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, So glad your trees are doing so well. I hope you are staying cozy and warm with all that snow. Brrrr. I know what you mean by Momma's cooking always tasting better. I went to my Mom's last week for lunch. She cooked a good ol' southern meal. It was delicious. I came home and tried to duplicate it. Nope..just not the same. xoxo Lynn

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Hi Michelle,
I am so happy to hear your shop is doing well! You deserve it..

I remember Jiffy Pop. We never had it at home - always the old fashion stuff when I grew up. But when I spent the night with friends, they had it. We always burned it!
Penny

blessings said...

Isn't the snow wonderful?! Steve's taking the truck tomorrow so I'm truly home for a full day!! And I just love it that we have all this snow. I'm hoping we get more. Isn't that terrible? If I were the one shoveling, I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune =) Blessings.. Polly

BittersweetPunkin said...

I would've bought that pink tree too!! We went into Seattle on Saturday and one of the shops had a pink tree and I thought of yours!! If Hubby wasn't with me I prolly would have bought it!! LOL
Blessings,
Robin

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I bought some of that jiffy pop too. I just couldn't resist! i haven't done it yet...

You mean it isn't as fun as I remembered?