Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Looks Like Autumn, Feels Like Summer!





It is SO hot here right now and up to 90 by Friday, this is suppose to be Autumn in the Midwest, but feels like Summer, yuck! How am I suppose to be sipping hot apple cider in this weather? My tan has faded and I packed up my summer things a week ago! I refuse to put my white legs back into my little summer skirts!! Guess I need to break out the bottle.... of fake tan that is! Denial isn't working to make the heat go away. Darn it!!
The Covered Bridge Festival starts next weekend and I am hoping it cools off for that. I used to set up at it for the 12 days but now I am going for the fun of it with my mom, dad and sister. We never get to do anything just the 4 of us. It ought to be a good time! I will have to make sure I take pictures to show you!
This is just a few of the fall displays in and around the store. I will be working on my Halloween displays soon. That is always fun dragging out my vintage Halloween decorations!

11 comments:

Esther Sunday said...

Looks lovely as usual. So, if I can't save enough money to put an offer on your trailer, what about joint ownership? ;D

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love the Fall displays...and the lil wooden swing...so charming!
Blessings,
Robin

Nunnie's Attic said...

It's going to be hot here too this week. Close to 90 on Thursday! What the heck is that all about?? I can tell you it wasn't 90 on my wedding day - which was a good thing. We'll end up going from summer to winter this year. PA is beautiful but it can suck!

I love the decorations. And I really love that swing all cozied up. What a great idea!

Love,
Julie

blessings said...

I can't remember ever having such warm weather in October here in the Midwest! It's really unbelievable. Well, maybe we'll actually like the snow this year =) Blessings... Polly

Dena said...

It's still hot here too :( I'm loving that little swing! Very cute.

Anonymous said...

Oh Michelle, Now I have to go decorate my swing for Fall. We have a swing just like that (still has the old decals on it) hanging in the old walnut tree out front. We put it up for our grand-daughter. I love it. Thank you for the inspiration!

FarmHouse Style said...

We are just the opposite here. It had been hot as blazes and I was so envious of everyone in blog land who were setting up autumn displays and enjoying cool temps. Now finally it is cooling off here and I am in the mood for pumpkins and cider:)
Hopefully your heat wave won't last long.
Enjoy the festival and lots of pictures please:)
Rhonda

Linda said...

Love your Fall displays, the swing is adorable. Have fun with your family at the festival --- hope Mother Nature brings cooler weather your way soon.

Oh,your trailer is darling, and your kitty looks happy with it too. Enjoy, Linda

Michelle E. ~ Vintage Pastiche' said...

Hi Michelle! Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes! :) Just wanted to stop by and see your lovely blog. I LOVE your camper!! :) and your lampshades are to DIE for!!

It's still very warm here in the North East too which is very unusual.

I don't know you very well but I have something that I think you would love and appreciate it, if you email me your address I will send it to you. :)

Thanks again

*muah*
Michelle

FarmHouse Style said...

Indeed I do have pictures! I'll post them tommorrow, so come by and check them out if you get a chance:)

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Rhonda

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am a first time visitor to your blog. It is amazing!! Please come by for a visit at my blog Daisy Bouquet. Mary