Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sorting & Sifting


I can not believe it has been so many days since my last post! time flies when you're busy. I managed to make it to a flea market and found a few things then I went to an estate auction and Hit the mother load!! Filled my Envoy to the top, every nook and cranny inside plus had the bed of a truck full with furniture. I bought box lots of linens, millinery flowers, bark cloth, vintage clothing, furniture, and the list goes on. When it is such a good price I just can't seem to say no. I worry later about how will I get it home, lol. While I was still unloading and sorting from the auction, I got a call to help sort and clean out a local estate. OH boy more fun stuff!! Jewelry, vintage clothes, linens, and I just started. I found a darling vintage wallpaper hat box that goes in my keep pile! I am so tired though, I woke up Thursday morning and while I was eating my bowl of cereal I was checking on the weather, and I bet I refreshed it 2 times and couldn't understand why it was giving me Thursdays weather. I thought it was Friday! Now that is tired huh? I mean I can understand waking up and not realize what day it is but I had already been to the bathroom for Pete's sake!
Here are a couple of pictures, a cute little vintage pillow with geraniums and the tin of millinery flowers that I am keeping. Guess I better get back to sorting! Maybe I won't get too many customers so I can keep looking for treasures!

12 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Wow, what a haul. Can't wait to see more pictures. Love love love those flowers. I'm so jealous, but happy for you, of course, my dear. ha ha Hope you have a great weekend and get some rest, won't you?

Hugs,

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Wow Michele, You really did hit it big. Love that pillow and the colors. I think I have only had that happen to me one time and I was like a kid in a candy store.

Dena said...

Wow, you scored! I'm jealous...all of my shops have been same ole' same ole' lately and I am so in need of a good find! Good for you! Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Dena

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle, now that is tired when you get the day wrong, don't worry we do it all the time! Wow you really did some serous thrifting, we look forward to seeing the pics!! Well done!! Jenn and Jacqui

FarmHouse Style said...

Oh, but that sounds like fun! I love a good treasure hunt:)

Hope you enjoy your weekend of sorting and discovering.

Rhonda

Linda said...

Hi Michell sounds like you hit the jackpot! Beautiful tin of flowers....I'd love to spent a day or two in your shop. By any chance do you need a helper:)???

Have fun with all the new treasures...Linda

Esther Sunday said...

Total score!!!! That vintage pillow is to die for!!! Love, Esther

Brittany said...

Oooo you hit the jackpot!!!! Loving that pillow!! I'm green w/envy!! I am in thrifting re-hab for the time being lol.

No hugs today, I have cooties lol!!
Brittany

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh...how fun! I have kept my thrifting to a minimum lately to avoid clutter...I have SO much stuff already! LOL
Hugs,
Robin

Dee said...

What a beautiful pillow! Sounds like you had a blast...

Cheers!
Dee Dee

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

That pillow is very nice .It is so beautiful......Hugzs

blessings said...

I love days like that!! The flea days, not the tired days. Hope things are well. Blessings... Polly